Nazli Ali Homeopathist, Educational Psychology Consultant, Steiner Education Early Childhood Practitioner
Consultant / Self-Employed
Nov 2014 – Present
London, United Kingdom• Carrying out assessments via questionnaires to evaluate listening ability of clients and to determine eligibility for the Listening Program.
• Gathering background and contextual information of the clients to determine family and developmental history.
• Evaluating the clients’ specific needs and creating individualized Listening Profiles using the Listening Wheel tool.
• Creating a Sound Program that fits the particular profile of the client.
• Liaising with parents to create day to day support and to monitor the daily progress of the clients
• Developing a complementary sensory motor program that challenge the sensory system for each client’s specific motor challenges, by using the information gathered from the assessments.
• Creating follow- up and interim reports after the end of the program by administering questionnaires and comparing pre and post program Listening Wheels.
• Making relevant recommendations and suggestions for future further support and intervention.
Listening Therapy Practitioner
The Listening and Learning Center• Administered the LiFT Program to clients with wide-ranging learning needs
• Brought awareness about various learning difficulties to parents
• Management of the Listening and Learning Center
Gulmohar Early Childhood Center
Dates EmployedJan 2009 – Jun 2011
Employment Duration2 yrs 6 mos
LocationLahore, Pakistan• Managing the adaptation and development of the culturally sensitive Steiner Waldorf early childhood curriculum for Pakistan at the Gulmohar Early Childhood Center
• Developing all the activities used in the kindergarten, including all sensory tools and equipment
• Developing a Sensory Integration early childhood program with sensory toys and activities, including handmade toys from natural materials. Activities challenged vestibular, proprioceptive, tactile, olfactory, gustatory, visual and auditory functions. Sensory activities included balancing opportunities, lifting , pushing, pulling, recitation, puppetry, textures, chopping, cooking, washing, sand play, clay modelling, handwork, sewing, paper making etc.
• Conducting parent education and awareness sessions to bring awareness about child development and the necessity of using the senses in early childhood for healthy development
• Facilitating teacher training and professional development
• Creating school events around seasonal changes employing rich sensory activities, songs and handwork. The main events were the Falling Leaf Festival, the Winter Spiral Festival, the Spring Kite Festival and the Summer Water Festival.
• Coordinating weekly Child Study sessions to focus on the progress of each child and to train teachers’ observations
• Conducting after-school teacher handwork and curriculum development sessions
• Developing the auditory processing curriculum using recitation, repetition, consonant-rich stories, daily puppet show performances, circle activities and sensory games with rhyme and rhythm.
Gulmohar Early Childhood Center, Steiner Education
Sep 2006 – 2011
London, UKSteiner Education-inspired early childhood center in Lahore, Pakistan
Waldorf Kindergarten teacher, Toronto Waldorf School, Canada
Toronto Waldorf School
Sep 2006 – 2008
Toronto, CanadaWaldorf Early Childhood Teacher
The Institute of Education, UCL
Degree NamePost Graduate Certiicate in Pscychology, Master of Science (MSc)
Field Of StudyEducational Psychology
Dates attended or expected graduation –
MSc Psychology of Education
UCL Institute of Education
Master of Science (MSc)
Psychology of Education
Rudolf Steiner Center, Toronto; Toronto Listening Center